This blog is chronological description of my 78 CB750 chopper project which I began in April 05. SOHC (Single Over Head Cam) CB750 motors were produced by Honda from 1969-1978.

Monday, August 22, 2005

Day 142

Its been a week or so, so thought I’d post an update. Not a whole lot to tell. I have secured a set of 6/7 over forks which should be on there way to me as I write this. I bought them from a bro on the Honda chopper site. No luck with finding a rear wheel this weekend. I left for the salvage yard at Rad Cycles ( www.radcycles.com ) Saturday morning with the goal of returning with a rear wheel. I had all the measurements from the frame, however I never found anything that looked like it would fit. I was gonna give an FZR rear wheel a try, but after hearing how much they wanted for it ($300) I thought better of it. Either way, my goal is to have the motor in this weekend. I hope to have the forks mounted this weekend, and I can mount the 750K rear wheel I have just for mock up. If I get the motor in, I can start wiring the motor.

Also, I'm starting my welding class tonight. I'll let u know how that goes next time I post.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?