This blog is chronological description of my 78 CB750 chopper project which I began in April 05. SOHC (Single Over Head Cam) CB750 motors were produced by Honda from 1969-1978.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Day 27-The DMV...

...well good news with regard to titles. I was think'n I was going to have to do an international title search and get an act of congress to title these bikes. While I had the titles I did not have anything notorized. It turns out since the titles are from Virginia I don't have to have anything notorized since Virginia is not a notory state (what ever that means). It wasn't completly painless, 2 1/2 hours at the DMV and a "Double Tax" since I didn't have a bill of sale. But I got out of there with two titles and one lisense plate for $240...so I ain't complaining.

On the rebuild front I placed orders for a complete gasket set and one set of piston rings. I'm suspect about the piston rings, so I just ordered one. If its the right one, I'll order the other 3. Got a couple contacts in Louisiana that I may be able to get an exhaust valve from, so still researching that.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?