This blog is chronological description of my 78 CB750 chopper project which I began in April 05. SOHC (Single Over Head Cam) CB750 motors were produced by Honda from 1969-1978.

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Day 5 - Man thats a sweet sound!!!

Got to work early so I can get home by 5pm. My goal is to get this bad boy to fire before bed time. First check out the plugs and compression. Plugs got good spark...compression feels good. Next, disconnect the fuel line...fuel is flowing out of the petcock at a good clip. Next the carbs. I blow on the tubes go'n into the carbs. I can't force any air through. I pull off the airbox and carbs. Don't do anything special to the carbs, just move things around...and finally I can move air through them by blowing into the fuel intake tube. Reassmeble everything...bam!!! Shes fires up. Man thats a sweet sound!!!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?