This blog is chronological description of my 78 CB750 chopper project which I began in April 05. SOHC (Single Over Head Cam) CB750 motors were produced by Honda from 1969-1978.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Day 42 - Cleaning heads...again...

So hopfully my ongoing "head" saga is coming to an end. As you know from former posts I have a bad valve guide on my donor motor head. So Alan, a guy off hondachopper.com sent me an F model head, valve train and all for nothing! I mean, he wouldn't even let me pay him for shipping. I'll pay it forward to the next cat that needs a part. Anyway I got that UPS, got the valves/springs out of it the same day. Cleaned it up good yesterday, and will hopfully get all the valves cleaned up this evening. Hope to have it reassembled by the weekend. Had some concerns about swapping the K motor with my F motor in my stock bike. But looks like its an even swap...no worries. Maybe get the donor motor assembled by Sunday. Then I'll start work'n on getting the F motor out of the stocker next week.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?