This blog is chronological description of my 78 CB750 chopper project which I began in April 05. SOHC (Single Over Head Cam) CB750 motors were produced by Honda from 1969-1978.

Monday, May 16, 2005

Day 46 - Finished Motor

Six weeks into this adventure I have finished the rebuilding of the donor motor. The latter part of last week I cleaned up the the head and got the valves and springs back in. I did run into a little problem with the head. After cleaning it up I inserted spark plugs into it and found one of the plug holes had some slightly stripped thread about half way down. After looking everywhere for a M12 X 1.25 tap and coming up empty handed, I used some "Lumbee" engineering and used my Dremel to cut 3 gouges in an old spark plug. After running that in and out of the plug holes a few times it was good to go. I spend the weekend bolting down the heads/jugs and mounting the cam, rockers and setting the valve clearance. Heres the finished product...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/marklocklear/detail?.dir=8c67&.dnm=a85a.jpg&.src=ph

Now the plan is to remove the motor from my 78F stocker and replace it with this rebuilt motor. I'll drain the oil and start prepping the motor for removal this afternoon. I'm hoping it will be ready to be taken out Wednesday or Thursday, and maybe I can have the newly rebuilt motor purring by the weekend!!!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?