This blog is chronological description of my 78 CB750 chopper project which I began in April 05. SOHC (Single Over Head Cam) CB750 motors were produced by Honda from 1969-1978.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Day 55

Chopper gods have been kind the last 2 days, I have got lots accomplished. Monday, went from motor fully install and running in the bike to out of the bike sitting on the floor in the span of about 3 hours. Oh, and managed to wash my truck too! Then yesterday, I had a marathon "head-o-thon". Pulled off the F head/cam. Pulled the springs/valves from the F head. Would not have pulled the vavles only I need the valve seals from the K head. Assembled the K head; seated it and bolted down the K head/cylinders and mounted the cam. I went steady from 5 until 9 last night. Did manage to stop for about an hour for dinner with the OL, and a scrap wood run. That is another post, but I'm collecting wood for a bike platform.

So this afternoon I'll mount the rockers, and set the valve clearance, and she'll be ready to go back into the bike. All I wanna do is check the compression on this puppy. It was anemic with the F head showing only 80psi. With the stock K head back on she should be 150+.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?