This blog is chronological description of my 78 CB750 chopper project which I began in April 05. SOHC (Single Over Head Cam) CB750 motors were produced by Honda from 1969-1978.

Monday, June 06, 2005

Day 66

Its been a tough last couple of weeks...here is where I'm at. Got the original K all put back together, but the carbs refuse to cooperate. I could only get the F model carbs to run on the engine on full choke...the K carbs won't do anything. Also I failed to change the head gasket when I put the K head on the motor, and as such I'm got crazy oil leaks. So after a week of wrench'n I've decide to put the F motor back in the stocker. Reason #1 is I want to ride...its been over 3 weeks since I've rode any, and I'm getting ansie. #2 is it time to get the frame, so I'll just remove the K motor, change the head gasket, then tune it in the chopper frame when I get it. No use wasting time tuning it in the stock, when I could be riding the stocker and tunning the other bike in the chopper. Are you thouroghly confused now?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?