This blog is chronological description of my 78 CB750 chopper project which I began in April 05. SOHC (Single Over Head Cam) CB750 motors were produced by Honda from 1969-1978.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Day 73

Its been a while, so thought I give an update. I think the last time I posted, I was having carb woes with the rebuilt K model engine. The problem with the carbs was, I had not cleaned a little peice called the man jet. While its little, its a very imortant peice for the carbs. By the time I figured out this was the problem, I had already started removing the K motor from the stock frame. I removed the K and put the F back in. My logic goes like this. Basically I want to ride. I had reached my limit on trying to figure out why I couldn't get the K motor going, so thats when I decided lets put the F back in, go ahead and order u'r frame (more on that later) and u can trouble shoot this badboy in the frame after it comes. Even if I would have gotten the motor running in the stocker, it will have to be retuned in the frame once it gets here.

So more on the frame. It from from CycleOne ( www.cycleonemanufacturing.com ) The specs are as follows: 4" in the down tube, 6" in the backbone, drop seat, and custom oil tank/battery box. Oh, and a nice curve in the down tube. I think this is gonna be bad a$$, and just the street fighter look I'm go'n for. I have funds on the way, so it will be another week before I can get funds to CycleOne, then about an 8 week wait, so I hope to have it in-shop by labor day, then the fun begins!!!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?