This blog is chronological description of my 78 CB750 chopper project which I began in April 05. SOHC (Single Over Head Cam) CB750 motors were produced by Honda from 1969-1978.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Day 74

...well, I have some time to kill while my frame is being made, so I think I'll put a new paint job on the stocker. I got started yesterday by stripping the tank. Was going to use paint stripper, but some cheap abrasive pads from Harbor Freight seem to be doing the trick OK. Heres where I got started on the tank:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/marklocklear/detail?.dir=8c67&.dnm=c2c6.jpg&.src=ph

This is my first forey into the world of paint. The paint is pretty crappy on the stocker, so it will be good practice. After stripping, I'll give it a good sanding, then primer and more sanding, then it will be ready for paint. More to come...

more done today...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/marklocklear/detail?.dir=8c67&.dnm=50e4.jpg&.src=ph
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?