This blog is chronological description of my 78 CB750 chopper project which I began in April 05. SOHC (Single Over Head Cam) CB750 motors were produced by Honda from 1969-1978.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Day 111

So I decide to go out for an excursion in the Louisiana back roads on Saturday. I'm cruise'n along and out of nowhere, Bam! She dies. No lights, no nothing. Within a minute or so, I think, this must be a fuse. Sure enought I remove the side cover and the main fuse is blown. So I replace it and she fires right up! So I'm think'n wow, that was easy. So off I go again and in about 100ft BOOM! Shes dead again. So I go through this another time or two and run out of fuses. So I call up the Wifey to come pick us up. So I spend Sunday troubleshooting this. The 78 CB750 3 fuses, the main fuse, and a headlight and taillight fuse. When removed the head and taillight fuse it seemed to run OK, at lease down the road and back (about a mile). At any rate I'm not sure what this tells me. Ususally when u blow a fuse that means you have a short somewhere. The only thing I could find was a frayed wire on the clutch sensor. So I cleaned that up, and it ran OK with all the fuses in. Monday I rode it for about 10 miles, 5 of it in the rain (that hasn't happened in a long time). So I'm hoping the clutch sensor was where the short was located. I guess the true test will be another 50+ mile trip to really get the motor up to operating temperature and see how the wiring performs.

Got an email from CycleOne last week, saying my frame should be ready this week, no word yet. Either way I'm hope it will be here next week, or the first of August.

Cheers!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?