This blog is chronological description of my 78 CB750 chopper project which I began in April 05. SOHC (Single Over Head Cam) CB750 motors were produced by Honda from 1969-1978.

Monday, September 05, 2005

Day 155


It has been a sad week in Louisiana. The hurricane hit today a week ago. Words can't describe the pain and devistation survivors displaced by the storm have felt, and the helplessness and frustration I have felt. Erica and myself fared pretty well, we only lost power for most of Monday. Things have finally started to look the they have turned a corner the last few days, but there is alot of work ahead. With all the devistation I feel reluctant to even give an update on my project. It all seems pretty insignificant in relation to other events of the week. I had hoped to have the frame on wheels and the motor in the bike by now. But the storm held up the set of forks I had on its way in, and I still have yet to receive them. I also have a bro from hondachop sending me a pre 77 rear hub. I hope this will work OK for the rear wheel. Things should move pretty quick when I get the forks in. I finished up grinding on the neck, so the triple tress are greased, and in place, I just need to slide the forks in and tighten everything down.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?