This blog is chronological description of my 78 CB750 chopper project which I began in April 05. SOHC (Single Over Head Cam) CB750 motors were produced by Honda from 1969-1978.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Day 162


Finally made some real progress this weekend. As you can see in the pic I got the motor mounted on saturday. Called a buddy (thanx Randal) and getting it in was easy money. Way easier than getting the motor in the stock bike. On Thursday of last week I get bolts to mount the motor which worked out great. This particular frame only uses 3 of the 4 mount points on the motor. The upper front mounting holes on the motor are free. I may use these unused mounting holes to secure the forward controls.
My forks also came in on friday...that was a long wait...it took UPS 2 weeks to get me those forks (thanx Hurrcaine Katrina!!!). At any rate the front end is together and feels good. I'm not real pleased with the front wheel as its full of rust. While its sound, it looks a little rough (even for a budget chop). Plus wheels are cheap, so I got a bid on one on Ebay as we speak. I also have issues with the front brake caliper. I'm not sure, but I think the caliper I have is for a different model fork, cuz it doesn't see to line up with the disk. I'll need to pull the front end and check that out. Oh, and I also have a rear wheel on the way. The one that mounted now is off the stock 78K, and is off center. I have a pre 77 model wheel/hub that is laced to a harley rim on its way.
I also got started on the wiring yesteray. Just got all the tape off the stock harness, and got things laid out. Was gonna try to keep everything entact, but it was just way to cluttered, so I chopped off just what I needed, and I'll wire it from stratch.
So, got lots to do now. Not even gonna try and guess when I could have the motor running, not close enough yet, so I'll keep you posted. Cheers!!!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?