This blog is chronological description of my 78 CB750 chopper project which I began in April 05. SOHC (Single Over Head Cam) CB750 motors were produced by Honda from 1969-1978.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Day 170

Where to start? Got alot of little things going on. In the past week I have gotten the gas tank, rear wheel, and headlight. All look good, the pre-77 wheel fits like a glove. The stock axle was too long for the custom frame. I was looking around for a machine shope, but took the axle with me to my welding class at LTC www.ltc.edu . There is a machine shop next door, and the instructor said he could rethread the axle for me. The gas tank is a king sporty tank for a sportster. I'm still brain storming ideas on how to mount it. I'm not going to worry about it until I get the seat struts and rear fender in place, so they will all line up correctly. I also got a nice little $50 headlight from Custom Chrome (got it off ebay). I also did some wiring this weekend and got the starter to turn over. I didn't go any farther than that, as I don't have an oil tank, and just not oil in the motor. I have stainless steel oil lines on there way in, so once I get those, I can mount the oil tank. I also have to come up with a better wiring setup. Its pretty much bare bones right now. I have to come up with a much cleaner set up.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?