This blog is chronological description of my 78 CB750 chopper project which I began in April 05. SOHC (Single Over Head Cam) CB750 motors were produced by Honda from 1969-1978.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Day 177

Greetings from the Red Stick (Baton Rouge is French for Red Baton), traffic capitol of the world! Since the hurricane you can't go anywhere without feeling like your sitting in a parking lot. At any rate, progress is moving right along. Most of it in the form of getting parts I need. Went out today at lunch and went to 4 different places before I found an oil line fitting I needed. So now I should be able to go ahead and mount my oil tank and lines. I also took my triple trees to welding class last night and welded on a tab to mount the front headlight. I also got the rear axle threaded at the machine shop at LTC, in addition to new sprokets and chain. I think I have all major parts ordered and on thier way. Its been tough getting all my stuff in a timely manner. USPS seems to be OK, but UPS is taking close to 10 days for things to get here. Everything seems to go through Jackson, MS and sit for 7 days before it comes to Baton Rouge. The last major piece of the puzzle I need to get is the rear fender. I have a set of HD Softail struts that I hope to modify to fit the frame and fender. I also got my self a badlander softail seat to finish off the saddle area. I'm hoping it will flow nicely with the struts and fender. I think I've settled on a way to mount the gas tank. I think I'll cut off the stock mounting tabs, and weld two U-bolts to the underside of the tank (inside the cutout). I can then just bolt the frame to the backbone. Once I do that, in conjuction with the oil tank being mounted, I should be able to fire this beast up! No reason that should happen in a week or so. Realistically I could see taking my first ride by the end of October. Stay tuned!!!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?