This blog is chronological description of my 78 CB750 chopper project which I began in April 05. SOHC (Single Over Head Cam) CB750 motors were produced by Honda from 1969-1978.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Day 210

I'm moving forward slowly...but I'm moving forward. So in the last post I was struggling with getting the motor started. Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees, and thats what I was doing. The goal was to get the motor started, so I said the heck with the electric start and just used the kick start. When I did that she fired right up on the 2nd or 3rd kick. This was Wednesday. As soon as it started it reved up to 4 or 5000 rpm and wouldn't come down. I found that when I assembled the carbs I put the slides in backwards. So I think I'm going to skip welding tonight and knock that out...I'll need to pull the carbs off the rack, so thats about a 3 hour job. Hopfully that will solve my high idle problems.

I also began work on the cutting a slot that will allow the chain to pass through the fender. I should have that wrapped up by the weekend. And of course I'm still waiting on my throttle housing of come back from being fabbed. So more waiting...
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?